What audio and video formats can I see in my Firefox OS?
When we use our mobile device for something more than developing as it is in my case, we want more something that entertains us in our spare time or in traffic jams on the roads, etc. And since there are no alternatives in music and video players, it is not clear what audio video formats we can place on our SD cards.
Reading over there I got to the mozilla media development mailing list and clearly and understandably define the codecs and containers supported by our Firefox OS.
- H.264 Codec in a container * .mp4.
- AAC codec in a container * .mp4.
- MP3 Codec.
- Codec WAV.
- Opus Codec in a container * .ogg.
- Codec Vorbis in a container * .ogg or * .webm.
- Theora Codec in a container * .ogg.
- VP8 codec in a container * .webm.
If we are of those who always go further we can play with the options when converting our videos or audios with our audio and video converter, we already have wildcards with which we can play at our whim.